Hôm nay chúng ta cùng với Homeschooling tiếp tục học một vài câu diễn đạt hay và ấn tượng nữa nhé.
IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS 11
- face the music: nhận lãnh hình phạt
–> After failing the test, George had to go home and face the music.
- back to the old drawing board: làm lại từ đầu
–> I failed English this semester. Well, back to the old drawing board.
- Your guess is as good as mine: Tôi có hơn gì bạn đâu nào
–> I don’t know where the manager is. Your guess is as good as mine.
- a jack of all trades: đa tài
–> Maria can fix TV, paint house, and build shelves. She’s a jack of all trades.
- At night, all cats are grey: Tắt đèn nhà ngói cũng như nhà tranh.
- take it lying down: nhịn
–> He just insulted you. Are you going to take it lying down?
- lose one’s cool: nổi nóng
–> Try not to lose your cool.
- once and for all: dứt khoát
–> She told her would-be husband once and for all that she did not want to see him again.
- have a weakness for (sth): mê/thích
–> I have a weakness for chocolate.
- Do the math!: Tự tính đi thì biết!
- enough: đủ
–> We have enough chairs.
- for the time being: trong lúc này
–> For the time being, I do not want to leave the place where I had many memories.
- agonize about/over (sth): bâng khuâng suy nghĩ
–> We agonized for hours about which wallpaper to buy.
- That’s the last straw!: Chịu hết nổi rồi!
–> That’s the last straw! Could you please shut your mouth up? You said a mouth full already.
- consider + noun + noun: xem như
–> In Brother’s Bear, human think a bear is a cold-blood killer whereas they consider human the most dangerous animal in this planet.
- be off the mark: lạc đề
–> Mandie: ‘Umm … London, you are off the mark. We are talking about our job not your money.’
- go to great trouble: bỏ nhiều công sức
–> You should not have gone to great trouble for helping that guy. He never appreciates what you have done.
Chúc các bạn ôn luyện Ielts thật vui!