Nghỉ lễ ngày cuối cùng, hãy thu nạp thêm cho mình vài câu diễn đạt hay và ấn tượng nhé.
IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS 07
- a bit trying: cũng hơi cực khổ
–> She is a bit trying at times.
- year in, year out: năm này qua tháng nọ
–> Maria wears the same old dress, year in, year out.
- wade into: tấn công
–>A stranger waded into me.
- fair and square: công bằng, sòng phẳng
–> Mr. Johnson has always been fair and square with us.
- Birds of a feather flock together: Ngưu tầm ngưu mã tầm mã.
- fork over: chi (tiền)
–>How much did you fork over for that new car?
- history: tiêu đời
–> You are history.
*history: chẳng thèm làm bạn bè
–> He cheated me again. I swear, that friend’s history.
- Come clean with me!: Thành khẩn khai báo đi
–> Come clean with me! Did you shoot your wife out of jealousy?
- be dressed to kill: ăn mặc thật đẹp/bảnh
–> Laura was dressed to kill tonight, don’t you see?
- blow smoke: tung hoả mù
–> Cody blew smoke by telling other funny stories because he did not want to show us what just happened.
- root for: ủng hộ/cổ vũ
–> I know our soccer team is not as good as Thailand. Anyway, let’s root for Vietnamese team!
- a brownnoser / a teacher’s pet: kẻ nịnh bợ
- get along with: tỏ ra thân thiện
–> She gets along with lots of people.
- in the same boat: cùng hội cùng thuyền / cùng chung cảnh ngộ
–> Clover: ‘I have thirty exercises and tomorrow is a deadline to hand in them, but I didn’t do anything.’ – Alex: ‘We are in the same boat. Let’s start to do it.’
- a white lie: lời nói dối vô tội
–> You told that is a white lie? I had a narrow escape because of your ‘innocent’ girlfriend.
- be rooted in sth: xây dựng dựa trên (cái gì)
–> Strength is rooted in unity.
- be wary of: cảnh giác
–> After my best friend betrayed me, I have been wary of everybody.