Mỗi ngày cùng Homeschooling học thêm một vài câu giúp diễn đạt thật ấn tượng trong tiếng Anh nhé.
IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS 05
vô danh tiểu tốt
- be under a cloud of suspicion: bị nghi ngờ
Even the manager is under a cloud of suspicion.
- take forty winks: chợp mắt 1 chút
I sometimes take forty winks on Saturday afternoon, so that I can continue working around the house.
- day by day: dần dần
Day by day, the patient became stronger.
- Out of sight, out of mind
Xa mặt cách lòng.
Absence makes the heart go fonder
Càng xa càng nhớ.
- fall for look: ham vẻ bề ngoài
I don’t blame her because all ladies fall for look.
- Take it easy: Bình tĩnh nào
Take it easy, man. Here is the money you want.
- snake in the grass: tên phản bội
I wouldn’t trust that snake in the grass.
- get on one’s nerves: khiến ai bực bội
That loud music is getting on my nerves.
- cannot hold the candle to sb: không đáng xách dép cho ai
You want me to be your girlfriend? Look at you! You cannot hold the candle to me.
- It’ll come in handy someday: Có thể sau này còn xài được
Do not throw it away. It’ll come in handy someday.
- to cram for an exam: nhồi nhét cho kỳ thi
Because he had not studied anything in this semester, he had to spend much more time than other students to cram for an exam.
- put sth on hold: đặt trước
- Just my luck!: Cái số tôi nó vậy!
- wear and tear: hao mòn do sử dụng
This washing machine is in wear and tear process.
- call at/on sb: ghé thăm
We called at/on our grandmother when we had a vacation at Chinese.
- be conscious of one’s guilt: nhận thức rõ lỗi lầm của bản thân
Instead of showing her mistakes, you should show an uncontented feeling on your face. She can understand what you mean. She is a kind of person who is conscious of her guilt.