*****Mỗi ngày học 1 vài cách diễn đạt thật hay, thật ấn tượng nhé.*****
IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS 04
- can’t make heads and tails of it: chẳng hiểu đầu đuôi ra sao cả
– Do this presentation again. I can’t make heads and tails of it.
- take after: trông rất giống
– With his blonde hair and blue eyes, Henry seems to take after his father.
- Nothing new, same old stuff: Chẳng có gì mới cả.
- be called away: được gọi đến
– The doctor was called away from his office.
- No pain, no gain (No work, no pay): Có làm thì mới có ăn.
- feast your eyes: hãy nhìn cho thỏa thích đi
– Yes, just feast your eyes. You won’t see one like that again for a long time.
- a bomb / turkey: dở ẹc
– The show was a bomb / turkey.
- just a small potato: chỉ là 1 thằng tép riêu
– You know what is good for you. You are just a small potato.
- get on one’s case: chỉ trích
– Why do you always get on my case every time I make a little mistake?
- That is of little solace: điều đó chẳng an ủi gì mấy
– Although Maria’s friend said she was not mad anymore at her, that is of little solace.
- take the plunge: đánh liều
– He took the plunge and showed his own feeling.
- flunk: trượt/rớt (kì thi)
– If he had studied hard before the examination, he would not have flunked.
- play (an instrument): chơi (một loại nhạc cụ nào đó)
- Get it over with!: (làm điều gì) cho xong đi rồi muốn làm gì thì làm
– Jack: ‘I rather than putt studying off as long as I can. I want to play now.’ – Jack’s mom: ‘Get it over with!’
- to classify sb/sth as sth: phân loại
- move about: chuyển đi thường xuyên (từ nơi này sang nơi khác)
– Because of his business, his family has to move about.
- strive for: cố gắng để (làm gì)
– After his failure two years ago, Jack Martin strove for going on to the next form . Now, he is the best student in his class.
Chúc các bạn ôn luyện Ielts thật vui!